Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Avocado a Day - Day 2


Chocolate Avocado Smoothie

1 avocado
1/3c brown sugar
1/4c cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups full cream milk
1 cup greek yogurt

I am sure this sounds disgusting. It really does. It's delicious! The avocado is more of an 'essence' than it is a large cup of green. This makes quite a bit.. enough for four people.. so I have made it my entire breakfast. This photo is about 3/4 of the entire mixture, so you can see it makes quite a large smoothie if you want.

I got this recipe from my friend, writer of a very popular tofu cookbook. I changed the recipe slightly as hers was vegan.

How I feel today: I may be delusional but my skin seems to feel a bit more firm. I woke up exceedingly early this morning and well rested and climbed out of bed fairly quickly, which is not normal for me, as I leisurely get up; especially since I work nights mostly. I am finding I am simply eating healthier because avocados only seem to go in healthy foods and I am not fond of eating them by themselves. Of course, it's only day 2 and I'm probably delusional.

No comments:

Post a Comment