Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Avocado a Day - Day 3

Mexican Calzone

Crust
:

1kg bread flour
1 tsp salt
14g yeast
1 tbsp caster sugar
4tbsp olive oil
650mL lukewarm water

Seive flour and salt onto a clean work surface and make a very large well in the middle. Trust me. I underwelled mine and had to clean watery oil off the floor. Combine all liquid ingredients and wait 10 minutes. Pour liquid into well and slowly add more and more flour from the edges until doughy. Knead until springy. Place in warm bowl in warm area for 1 hour. Punch down and cut into 6 equal pieces. Put 5 in the fridge. Use one to feed two people or one person on an avocado experiment.

Filling:
100g refried beans
1 green onion, chopped finely
one clove crushed garlic
4 tablespoons salsa
4 tablespoons salsa verde
1 avocado
1 cup cheddar cheese

Brown onions and garlic in a little bit of olive oil. Add beans and salsa and heat up until paste like.


Mash avocado into crust, which has been rolled out to accomodate the calzone. About 1cm thick. Spoon salsa mixture onto avocado, fold over and press with fork to seal edges. Heap cheese on top. Place in preheated oven at it's hottest possible temperature and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.


Today I feel: Okay. I woke up early again. My bowels seem more regular, nut nothing fascinatingly different. I still have the flu and my skin is still the same, but nothing new has appeared. No change appears to have occured in my hair. I was correct, yesterday I was delusional.

No comments:

Post a Comment