Friday, May 8, 2009

Avocado a Day - Four & Five

Day 4 - Cobb Salad

Do you really need a recipe for Cobb Salad? Technically mine was vegetarian, but not because I'm vegetarian. I'm Jewish. I also used gorgonzola in place of feta (and added climbing beans fromy my garden). I can't have dairy and meat combined and I just love dairy so much (is there anything in this blog without dairy?) that I rarely eat meat. Actually, looking at this blog I can see it's been about two weeks since I ate a meat product that wasn't fish. No wonder I am starting to chew on things again. My eggs were runny but that's how I like them. I might even make little avocado soldiers for my boiled eggs in the morning. Ooh, there's an idea...

How I feel: My boyfriend asked if I did something to my hair! My theory is it takes 3 days for anything you eat to show up on your body, so this is a good sign. He did not know I was on the diet! There is a definite hair difference and I'll have to show you in three more days!


Day 5 - Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes

I got this recipe from a vegan site. Now, I'm aware I can't eat 12 cupcakes so this was merely an experiment so I could get some avocado intake on top of simply having a raw avocado today, which would've been boring to blog about. I changed the recipe around a bit to in
clude milk plus I added 40g of 87% chocolate... because I'm a chocoholic like that.

1 1/2c flour, I used bread (cause I like it)
3/4c unsweetened cocoa
1tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 avocado

1c maple syrup
3/4c milk

1/3c oil
2tsp vanilla
40g chocolate

Now the recipe, like all recipes, states to mix the dry ingredients and then the wet ingredients in a seperate bowl and then combine. I'm lazy. I whizzed it all in the food processor. I'm so lazy I didn't even break up the chocolate. All 40 grams, in one bar (half a bar, really
. I used 60g another day) chucked in. Then while I waited, I ate an avocado raw from the little green package it comes in. I think I'm starting to like this diet!

180c/350F for 20-25 minutes.

Once baked allow to cool off tin. Cover with powdered sugar so nobody knows these cupcakes look exactly how they looked when you globbed them in carelessly, you lazy lazy girl you.

How I feel: Healthier, but it might be because I'm not sick anymore. But I've been waking up super early, falling asleep super quickly and sleeping a full 9 hours every night, even when I was sick! I have no idea if this is caused by the avocado, but it's sure not hurting! Also, my acrylic nails are due in for a fill on Tuesday. Usually by now I have a broken nail. I don't even have a chip! Usually this happens when my acrylic breaks free from my natural nail and becomes weak. My acrylic HAS broken free of my natural nail but my natural nail appears to be sturdy enough to support the acrylic and prevent cracks. Or I'm just delusional. It's been known to happen.



Also, just to be off-topic because I can and it's my blog! Look what I picked off my garden! And look what I made with it! It was, I must say, perfection.



Edit: So it turns out, I CAN eat 12 cupcakes. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment