Saturday, May 9, 2009

Avocado a Day - Day 6


Breakfast of Sotboiled Eggs with Silverside Avocado Soldiers

I am very certain this would taste better with proscutto. Sadly, I cannot have proscutto and the closest form of it I could find that was pork free was corned silverside. However, all was not lost as it was delicious. Just wrap an avocado slice in a piece of proscutto, bacon or silverside and place under the broiler. Boil some eggs for four minutes and the silverside should be done (if you started the boiling water first) when the eggs are. Brilliant! Dip these little delights in the egg and they're amazing. Perfect to eat while watching the world go by in your window.

How I feel: Got less sleep last night, am a little tired but still managed to wake up early, go to the market, get more avocados and some lovely seed bread for lunch before my boyfriend even woke up. That never happened once in our 6 month relationship. He wakes before me usually.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad that you can't eat prosciutto!!! :( Sad face. Your avocado diet looks amazing - I think I'm going to have to find me some avocados in this cold chilly climate (clearly, they will have been imported from Portugal, but whatever) and follow your lead!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete